Learn to write in a way that is easily understood by your target audience: clear and straightforward, appropriate to their reading level, and free of wordiness, cliches, and jargon.
Plain English is writing that is clear and straightforward, targeted at the appropriate reading level, and free of jargon, wordiness, and cliches. It is also the standard for all business and government communication in the US.
If you can write in plain English, you can save time, save money, and save face in communications. Start watching to learn how to make your writing more “plain”: stronger, clearer, and more concise.
- Understanding plain English
- Catching mistakes by reading aloud
- Simplifying sentences
- Using strong verbs and meaningful words
- Avoiding corporate jargon
- Finding the right voice and tone
- Editing flow and content
- Writing in a conversational style